Tuesday, May 19, 2009

End of the School Year "Blues"

I can't believe I am about to say this, but I am REALLY going to miss this past year. It was such an awesome year for us and all the kids. I am especially going to miss my daughter's kindergarten teacher. She was such a great teacher and a wonderful role model for the kids. She is going to move out of state and so I probably will never see her again. She will be teaching at a school in Mississippi, and I just hope that they realize what a gem they are getting.

My oldest definitely had a great year. His teachers were so understanding and challenged him throughout the year. He loved his classmates and made some really good friends. I saw him grow a few inches this past year and I have a feeling that I will be "looking up to him" by the end of the summer. My twelve year-old son will be taller than me!!! I don't want to even think about that right now.

My #2 had a better year. Each year seems to get better and better. He is such a smart boy and I am so proud of him. He will definitely miss his teacher next year, but at least she will still be around so we can say hello.

My daughter had the best teacher and best class! I will miss the kids and the teacher. I am hoping that she will have some of them in her class next year. I still can't believe that she will be going into first grade! It's unreal!

My baby is not a "baby" anymore. He is growing up so fast. I love his preschool and I am excited that he will be there again next year. I am not sure what teacher he will have, but everyone at the school is wonderful so I am sure I won't be disappointed.

Kindergarten graduation is this upcoming Friday and I know it is going to be a bitter-sweet day. When I look back on this past year it's hard not to think of all the sweet and precious moments that we will never get back. However, I am also looking forward to the future. My kids are all very healthy and strong. When I think of all the struggles we went through about this time last year, it makes me appreciate my many blessings. I will treasure every moment and try to remember that this time in my life is a blessing.
*******************************
They say time flies when you're
having fun..... so, where does
it go??
*******************************

1 comment:

Cameron and Cindy said...

Thanks for the updates! Love ya!