Monday, October 5, 2009

Autism Rate Has Increased to 1:100

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-10-05-autism-increase_N.htm

The statistics don't lie. The rate of autism is on the rise. How many will it take before the government takes action? Do they not realize that these "children" with autism will become adults with autism? Do they not realize how much money this epidemic will cost ALL of us?

Although there seems to be a disagreement as to the CAUSE of autism, the fact is that the rate of autism in the United States is steadily increasing. The article states that the rate of autism has increased to 1:100.... however, it is actually more like 1:95. I have a very important question for you all to think about. What IS autism? I believe there is a disagreement among the medical community AND parents as to what autism truly is. Some parents believe that autism is vaccine injury. There are others who believe that children are born with the gene for autism but there are environmental triggers. There are yet others who believe that if a child is exposed to enough toxins then their bodies cannot get rid of them and they end up with autism or other disorders in the spectrum. MY thought is the following: they are ALL right!!

I have written enough about my thoughts on the matter. However, I wanted to make something clear. I don't quit reading books or looking up information. Therefore, my knowledge is constantly building and expanding. Right now I am reading a book entitled: Healing and Preventing Autism written by Jenny McCarthy and Dr. Jerry Kartzinel. I have to admit that honestly I am not a fan of Jenny McCarthy, but I am SO thankful for all that she has done to expose the truth about vaccine safety. I am also SO thankful for all the doctors who have come forward and admitted to the world that there are things beyond what is taught in medical school. I believe that there are numerous treatment options now available to parents with autism because of Jenny and doctors who have supported her cause. The book is FULL of information and I will definitely write about it in a future post.
**************************************
The statistics are alarming. However,
what concerns me most is the way it is
being ignored.
**************************************

No comments: