Sunday, August 9, 2009

Top Ten Ways to Maintain Your Sanity

People are always asking me how I maintain my sanity with everything going on in my life. I compiled this "top 10" list for fun and thought I would share it with all of you.... enjoy!

#10) Must make sure to take time out for yourself. This is so important especially for moms.
You can't have a happy home unless YOU are happy.
#9) Don't live beyond your means. It is a proven fact that money matters are #1 on list of stress among couples. If you can keep debt down then that is one less thing to worry about.
#8) Treasure those true friends, and learn to know the difference. There are those people who come and go out of our lives and those who stay with us through the thick and thin.....THOSE are the ones you want to hold on to. No money in the world can buy that.
#7) Learn from your mistakes. We are ALL going to make them. If we can learn from them then we can actually turn it into a blessing in our lives.
#6) You have to maintain a good sense of humor. Learn to laugh at yourself. Learn to laugh with others. It's been said that people who laugh at least once a day will extend their life by years!
#5) Learn how and when to say, "No!" That is such a hard thing for some people. I know it is for me. However, you will quickly go insane if you overextend yourself and your time.
#4) Limit your t.v. time. All the news and violence on t.v. is enough to make ANYONE crazy!
#3) Join support group for whatever ails you.... there is even support groups for losing weight!
#2) Discover what your talents are and do what you can to cultivate those talents.
#1) My top way to maintain your sanity is to learn the message in the Serenity Prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
*******************************************
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.
(Proverbs 3, 5-6)
*******************************************

1 comment:

Gary A.C. Backus said...

For me there would be number 1A: Have a sweet wife who tries to ignore my faults and supports me!