Monday, August 17, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons....

I found out a very good piece of information today that I wanted to share with all of you out there who have children with special needs. If you have any plans to go to Disney in Florida then this information could save you a lot of time, hassle, and more importantly... your sanity!

I met a lady today who has a child with autism. She told me that when they went to Disney this summer they went directly to the visitor's center and showed them the paperwork with her son's diagnosis. The people at Disney then gave the family 4 passes that would enable them to go directly to the front of the line and not have to wait!! Yes... you heard correctly.... NO WAIT! I asked her if this was for every ride in the park and she said it was. I was so excited!!! Last November we went to Disney and we had to wait for hours at every ride. Even with the "Fastpass" it was a challenge getting into the rides because a lot of the rides we wanted to ride did not have that option. We ended up having to split up a few times to coordinate the tickets.

Hey....I've always said that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Why not? I have definitely deserved SOME relief in my life. I think I hear Disney calling my name!
********************************
M-I-C-K-E-Y.....M-O-U-S-E.......
********************************

2 comments:

Gary A.C. Backus said...

Just to clarify: This isn't about cutting in line just for fun. This is about Autistic kids who are unable to understand the wait, and unable to physically stand around that long. There were a few times that we should have just left because of the kids' hysteria, but didn't because we had already invested in tickets.

Flockfeeder said...

Great idea!
BTW, I can't find your email address, and I'd like to let you know something interesting I just heard...
Marj